Have you ever wanted to make your own pizzas but not sure how?
I used to make them for a living before I got into fitness, have been making them a lot recently and wanted to share my recipe. Let me show you how to make your own pizzas.
You will need:
- 1 sachet dried yeast
- 300ml warm water
- Strong Bread Flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Put the yeast, water, olive oil and salt in a bowl and mix with a fork or whisk
- Add some flour, covering the liquid and stir in with a spatula
- Keep adding flour until it becomes firmer and mix in with your hand
- Take the mixture out onto your worktop and continue to mix in with your hand, lifting the outside and push into the middle
- Leave for 10-15 minutes to rise
- Break two chunks of the dough and make into balls the size of the palm of your hand.
- Leave to rise for another 5-10 minutes
- Roll out the bases and place on pre-greased pizza trays. I use oil to grease the trays
- Put the oven on to 200 degrees (Fan)
You will need:
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- teaspoon of olive oil
- pinch of salt
- sprinkle of oregano
- Pour the tomatoes into a bowl and add the salt, oil and the oregano
- Peel and chop the garlic, add to the sauce
- Fresh Mozzarella balls (1 per pizza)
- Your choice of toppings
- Drain the mozzarella, pat dry with kitchen roll then slice
- Add the sauce to the bases then add the mozzarella slices
- Add your own toppings
- Once ready, put the pizzas in the oven for an initial 10 minutes
- Check at 10 minutes then every minute until they’re how you like them.
- Take them out of the oven, place the pizza on your chopping board and slice
- Place the slices on your plate and enjoy!
Here’s the video of me making them:
Use the video to help you along. Your main challenge might be to find yeast and also flour. It’s worth looking around smaller shops and farm shops, if you have any near you, for the ingredients. Make sure you drain the mozzarella thoroughly. They come in bags with water and so you’ll need to squeeze them then use kitchen roll to catch any excess water otherwise they can make the base soggy when the pizza comes out of the oven.
If you have any questions or comments then comment below or contact me here.
Good luck and let me know how you get on :-)