This is quinoa lunchbox recipe is really easy to make and also very healthy so if you’re not confident in the kitchen, you’ll be fine with this :)
- Put the quinoa in a pot with 900ml water, bring to the boil, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring regularly. Once done, leave to cool.
- Get a big tub and pour in the cherry tomatoes.
- Wash, prepare and chop up the rest of the veg and put in the tub.
- Add the quinoa to the tub
- Slice up beetroot and add to the tub along with the juice
- Place lid on tub and give it a shake to mix it all up
This recipe is designed for 2 people so adjust the quantities accordingly if you’re making this for yourself.
You could maybe use a stock when cooking the quinoa to give it more flavour but I’ve never tried it. The quinoa I use comes in a 300g bag from Aldi so just use the whole pack.
The beetroot I buy is from the produce section of Aldi and comes in packs of 4 or 5. The juice helps to add flavour to the quinoa. I don’t recommend using the pickled stuff in jars.
Feel free to make this dish your own by adding any other salad veg or olives/sun-dried tomatoes etc. If you need a dressing, I would recommend making your own as most pre-packaged dressings tend to be full of rubbish.
Leave a Reply