Here’s the recipe for my Corona Chicken* that I made recently and shared on my Facebook page.
*Doesn’t contain any corona but does have a dash of red wine! :-)
You will need:
1 Large Fresh Chicken
1 Red Pepper
1 Green Pepper
1 Red Chilli Pepper
2 Garlic Cloves
2 tins Chopped Tomatoes
1 tin Red Kidney Beans
1 tin Cannellini Beans
1-2 tablespoons Olive Oil
How to make it:
Cook the fresh chicken in the oven, following the guidelines. I rubbed the skin with olive oil and sprinkled some paprika. I’d recommend seasoning it but isn’t necessary. Once cooked, leave to cool before picking the meat off the bones and cutting into small pieces.
You can also add more veg to the recipe or some chorizo can also be good.
Once this is done:
- Pour the olive oil into the pot, chop up the garlic and chilli pepper, add to the pot and put on a low-medium heat so as not to burn the chilli.
- Chop up both peppers, add to the pot and stir in with the other ingredients.
- Drain both the kidney beans and cannellini beans, give them a rinse under the cold tap to remove any of the starch that was in the tin. Add to the pot and stir in with the other ingredients.
- Add the chicken you’ve sliced up and stir in.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes. I also recommend adding a little bit of salt and black pepper and a dash of red wine and worcester sauce, if you have any. The wine and worcester sauce aren’t essential but add to the flavour.
- Stir all the ingredients in, put the lid on the pot and let it simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 20 minutes, turn the heat off.
I like to leave in the pot for a little bit longer just for all the flavours to come together but you don’t have to do that. Either remove the lid and leave to cool or serve up into tubs and leave to cool. Once cooled, put the lids on and stick in the freezer.
Leave a Reply